KS1 Nativity 2015
Our Stockland runners
KS1 made soup using fresh produce
Whole Class Musical Tuition
Bicton Cyclo-cross 2015
Y5/6 Sailing Experience
What A Knight
Our Stockland Scamper(ers)!
The KS1 Football team
Y5/6 Sailing experience in Teignmouth
Y5/6 Rounders Team
Clyst Hydon Huff 2016
Honiton Hippo Calf
Our Tag Rugby Players
Devon County Show May 2015
KS1 Teddy Bear's Picnic
@Bristol Science Museum
Culm Valley Local Learning Community
KS1 make gingerbread
Robin and The Sherwood Hoodies
School Council in action
Woodbury Open Cycling
Cooperative Trust Partnership Dance Project
KS1 World Book Day characters
KS1 create a Rain Dance
Honiton Hippo Calf Runners
Making 'Splatter Pictures'
CVLLC Area Sports Day
Our triumphant football team
KS1Visit to Killerton December 2016
You will no doubt have noticed the collapsed boundary wall around the lower playground which was caused accidentally by SWH when they were replacing the damaged pipes. A SWH Health and Safety officer visited the site and has advised that temporary fencing will be installed so that the children can safely use most of the playground. A new stone wall will be built by the end of March at no cost to the school and the perimeter fencing either repaired or replaced. I will do a risk assessment on Monday morning and make sure that staff on duty in the playground are aware. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
We are a small rural primary school in East Devon with three mixed-age classes. The mix of year groups within each class, together with the supportive environment created by the staff, governors, parents and the whole village community provide a learning environment within which each child can develop their potential and thrive.
Clyst Hydon is unique for a number of reasons for a number of people.
The key elements our children and parents feel make our school so special are:
- strengths in supporting every individual child (every child is known individually in a small school and we pride ourselves on being able to offer a positive ratio of adult to children)
- Supporting and developing children with additional needs (whether they are special educational needs or whether children are gifted and talented)
- a small, family feel across the school in which children mix with others of all ages in mixed-ability classes (which allows for high level differentiation to the individual child) working alongside parents who are able to be very involved in the school and contribute to the 'family feel' within our school community
- KS1 nativity and annual KS2 play
- Opportunities for all children from year 3 onwards to go on a rotation of annual residential field trips
- Our exceptional sports offer
- Our fantastic music offer
- Outstanding staff who are committed to the children and who are always willing to spend additional time to enrich the lives of all the children at the school
It is a wonderful school for many people for many reasons. The Headteacher balances all of these aspects whilst ensuring there is a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum offering the very best for all the children and their own individual wide range of interests and passions.
As a school, our passion is developing and enriching the lives of all our children within the school and extra-curricular programme. All of this is why we are special and that is why we are proud of our motto:
"Love Learning, Love Life!"
Our children are active and healthy
We gained the Devon Healthy Schools Award which is valid for three years
Our Sound procedural practices gained us FMSiS in 2008 and SFVS in 2013
Ofsted Outstanding 2012-2013
Culm Cooperative Partnership Trust
Stockland Cross-Country Race 4
Newsletter 17th March
Management Partnership extension
School Association event feat. No Refunds
March 25th 2017 at 7:30pm
March 31st 2017 at 2:00pm
Clyst Hydon Huff
May 21st 2017 at 10:00am